It is important to have all your travel documents and identification in order. Before making your flight, you must have the necessary documentation to enter another country for your trip and then be able to return.  REMEMBER!

  • All travelers, regardless of age, must have their own travel documents.
  • Always use the information exactly as it appears on your passport to make your reservation.
  • Some countries require proof that travelers are returning to their country of origin, a visiting address and proof of sufficient funds may be required.

Requirements and travel documents:
Before traveling, be sure to check with the consulate or embassy of the countries you are visiting. You are responsible for carrying out the correct documents for your trip. If you do not have the necessary documentation and identification, you will not be able to board the plane and you will be responsible for the resulting costs.

PASSPORTS: All international trips require the presentation of a passport. Passports must:

  • Be valid at least for a period of 6 months after the date of entry into the other country.
  • Be in good condition, without any damage that does not correspond to normal wear and tear and without significant alterations.



Advanced Passenger Information (API)
To increase border security, passenger information is passed through the Advanced Passenger Information System (API), and sent to Customs and Border Protection of the United States to verify the information of the passengers before the arrival of the flight.
  • The law requires that all international flights arriving or leaving the United States provide API data.
  • The data is also transmitted through the Customs and Immigration agencies of other countries where the law requires it.
  • Sharing this information is mandatory as per the United States Transportation and Transportation Security Act.

Visa and Visa Exoneration Program
In addition to the passport, some countries also require a visa for entry. If you are traveling to the United States and your stay is less than 90 days, the Electronic Security Department requires users to use the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), as part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). You can send your request at any time before traveling, but we suggest that you start before your trip to the United States begins. In most cases, ESTA will immediately determine if the VWP applies for your trip.



  • It is valid until the passport expires.
  • It is valid for several entries to the United States.
  • It does not guarantee admission to the United States; this approval only authorizes you to board the plane to travel to the United States.

To enter the United States through the visa waiver program (VWP), each passenger must have an electronic reading passport. If your passport does not have an electronic reading area, you must have a valid visa. As of April 1, 2016 each passenger traveling to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) will need:

  • A valid electronic passport (electronic passport) with the symbol that identifies it as such on the cover.
  • A valid ESTA authorization

If you have a passport that is not electronic, you must a valid visa to travel, otherwise you may be prohibited from entering the United States.